The problem with Tom Woods' ressource pages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samgheb
    Participant

I just saw your very good speech on economic freedom. You did the usual thing of refering to a link on your homepage. It’s great that you have ressource pages on your website as well as on libertyclassroom.

The problem is that there is no section on either Tomwoods.com or libertyclassroom.com where you can see the other ressource pages. By now you have assembled many useful ressource pages but they are divorced from each other and you only discover them through a blog post or a video you’ve created.

Is there a way where you can create a section on both of your sites because those ressource pages are gold in terms of useful information.

swalsh81

Try the bottom of this page. https://libertyclassroom.com/free/ …though the placement of this list seems like an afterthought and could possibly be placed on their own page. Under the free stuff tab at the top, there could be 2 options: course samples, and resources by topic. or something like that.

samgheb
    Participant

Thanks I hadn’t seen that. Apologies to Prof. Woods But you’re right that it isn’t that obvious to find.

swalsh81

In fact I began writing an “I second this” response before I finally found that list. It isnt obvious at all.

woods
    Participant

The trouble is, my TomWoods.com is already so busy with links that I can’t think of an obvious place to put it.

samgheb
    Participant

There is a little space after the part that says “Invite Tom To Speak”. I imagine that one guy who is neutral to midly pro market might be convinced by your hardcore stance on one topic and if he also sees that you fact have a ressource page for many other topics then that person is on beginning of the road to getting the big picture.

I hope you can find some space for it. When I was in that phase I remember just searching for topics on Mises.org and hoping for a good article. Eventually I found that simply typing Rothbard plus x was a pretty good start.

swalsh81

Agree with Samgheb on one last tab on the menu on Tomwoods.com. (though I would expect it to be between media and events.) I think the same page on a libertyclassroom.com address could be linked there and as an option under the “freestuff” tab on libertyclassroom.com itself.

The page would probably just consist of a small paragraph saying something simple like “this is an ever growing list containing resources on various topics.” and the short explanation of why you have compiled pages like those that you give in quite a few of your youtube videos. “people are always asking for sources so, I made a page…”

I recommended he add a “Resources” link on the page (either one) some time ago, too, but he mentioned the same problem; the layout already has a lot of links and there wasn’t an obvious good place to add it.

Which is too bad because there are probably even some I don’t know about (which was a secret reason why I recommended adding a page collecting links to them all in one spot :p).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.