The following titles have been recommended by Professor McClanahan for his lectures in the U.S. Constitutional History series.
- Jack Greene, The Constitutional Origins of the American Revolution (2010).
- Brion McClanahan, The Founding Fathers Guide to the Constitution (2012).
- Kevin Gutzman, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution (2007).
- Tom Woods and Kevin Gutzman, Who Killed the Constitution? (2009).
- Forrest McDonald, We the People (1991).
- Forrest McDonald, Novus Ordo Seclorum (1986).
- M.E. Bradford, Founding Fathers (1994).
- Richard Beeman, Plain, Honest Men (2010).
- Merrill Jensen, et. al., ed., The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution (1976-2012). Expensive, but the volumes on the public and private commentaries are very good.
- James McClellan, Liberty, Order, and Justice (2010).
- William Rehnquist, The Supreme Court (2002).
All by Raoul Berger: