Where is the "Keynes Institute?"

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    summers.noah

So, I was recently awestruck by the generosity of the Mises Institute and its fellows, making freely available nearly every important libertarian or proto-libertarian work, to include even newly published essays and books by living authors, not to mention scholarly commentaries and audiobooks of the highest imaginable quality (I was ready and eager to accept librivox recordings if it meant I could educate myself for free, but I get to listen to Jeff Riggenbach read my long-time amazon wishlist to me. For free.)

This, neglecting even to mention the Liberty Classroom, seems to me to be the absolute libertarian rebuttal to the “question” of “But who will educate the children?” I would say the same even if I had paid upwards of $500 for what I’ve downloaded (perhaps if I had bought print and audio CD copies, for example).

This got me wondering: is there some evil anti-Mises Institute out there? A Hall of Keynesian Doom to our Hall of Austrian Justice? It would almost disappoint me if there really is a comparable statist institution of knowledge, as it would ruin the beautiful “irony” of the situation. However, I would remain interested in seeing an approach to Keynes and state worship that bears any similarity in presentation to the LvMI’s treatment of Austrian theory and anarchy.

I’m aware that “General Theory” and other such older works are freely available on Project Gutenberg, but what I’m looking for is some prestigious collection of scholars providing commentaries and resources for would-be elites to help elevate themselves to the next social class.

I imagine this likely only exists in the form of prohibitively expensive churches to the state I mean universities, but I figure if anyone might be able to prove me wrong, it would be the faculty and community here.

Also, I realize there are plenty of scholarly works from the Austrian perspective on these very topics, but I am interested in an antithetical body of work as a tool for understanding the vocabulary and thought process of the opposing schools. Much in the same way that I plan to read a few works by Mark Steyn, Jonah Goldberg, Winston Churchill, etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.