Voting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RedsPwnAll

This is one issue that’s been somewhat picking at for awhile.

Seeing, the two candidates in this upcoming Presidential election might just be status quo types (unless, Ron Paul makes a surprising last minute victory in the RNC) would there even be a legitimate reason to vote?

We’ve been taught that it’s our patriotic duty to vote, and anyone who doesn’t is pretty much is unAmerican. If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain. I find this strange as, can’t the argument go the other way as well?

And even if you do vote I’ve got individuals telling that writing in Ron Paul or voting third party (like say, Gary Johnson) is a “wasted” vote, and that I’m just leading the way for Obama/Romney to win.

I have a Government teacher is this sort of mentality. That voting a “lesser evil” is more preferable to not voting at all. I don’t accord to this, but apparent I have no right to say anything about the failure of a current President’s policies if I didn’t vote either against him, or for him. Even if the other was just as bad, or worse.

brianjade00

well, I am new to the forums and I hope it is ok to post links, but here is a good response to your question.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/98356.html

woods
    Participant

Posting links is great; no problem.

This question is a matter of opinion, of course. And you’re right: these people try to have it both ways. If you don’t vote you can’t complain; if you do vote and your guy loses, you still can’t complain — your vote supposedly indicated your consent to the system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.