Three different titles in the zip files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrocka

I just downloaded this series and am super excited to start listening to it today. I love Bob’s style of lecture, so I know this is going to be great!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the files in the zip file I downloaded had 3 slightly different titles in the properties, so when I imported them into iTunes and then set their properties as an Audiobook (so I can play them at 1.5 or 2X speed) my iBook app saw them as three different audio books.

It’s no big deal. There are 2 ways to correct the problem.

1 – In Windows Explorer, unzip all of the files. Then, select all of the unzipped files and right click on one of the selected files and choose Properties. You should only see two tabs, General and Details. Click on the Details tab. Now click on the Album name. Name the Album something appropriate like “History of Economic Thought, Part I: Classical Economics and the Marginal Revolution” and click OK. Now all files have the same Album name.

2 – If you’ve already imported your files in to iTunes, select all of the files and choose “Get Info.” In the Info window, make sure the Details tab is selected. Now change the title to something appropriate, like “History of Economic Thought, Part I: Classical Economics and the Marginal Revolution” and click OK.

By the way, if you click on the Options tab in the iTunes Info window, you’ll see a drop down box for “Media Kind.” That’s where you can change the files to Audio Books. When you do, they’ll instantly show up in your iPhone’s iBooks app, which allows you to play audio files faster.

Thanks for this material, Bob! I’m really looking forward to it.

Mark.

msouth
    Participant

There are also two author/artist settings, I think–some are Robert Murphy and some are Liberty Classroom.

On OS X, I still ended up with a split even when I set all the albums to the same, etc.

If there are OS X users that want it pulled in as a single album, this should work:

zip archive for OS X

If you just unpack that archive, then use “Add to library” in iTunes, then browse to the folder, it will import as a single (music) album.

Might work for others as well, you’re welcome to try. This link is intended only for people with access to Liberty Classroom, it should go without saying. Also, it’s taking up a nontrivial portion of my google drive capacity, so if whoever maintains this could let me know when they’ve fixed the downloadable archive, I would like to take it down at some point.

bob.murphy.ancap
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for your help guys in making this accessible for people.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.