President Obama's Acceptance Speech and Actual History

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    glenn.jacobs

President Obama started his acceptance speech by saying, “tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own destiny, the task of perfecting our union moves forward.” Call me crazy, but I thought it was 13 individual colonies that acted as a group to declare independence and then wage war against their collective government. I mean the actual title of the Declaration of Independence is “The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America.” The lower case “united” indicates that the term is an adjective and not part of the proper noun that follows, “States of America.” But I guess since the President thinks that it was the United States from the start it must be true.

No, Obama thinks it was the “United State” from the beginning. I didn’t watch nor hear the speech, but this is good stuff. Nice find.

ronmicle

Ron Paul might be the only politician who acknowledges and recognizes the importance of the founding of the United States

derosa8

Rand Paul as well =)

joelogan86

More central power and collectivism is what he means when he says, “the task of perfecting our union moves forward.” Shows his poor understanding about American history.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.