Parthia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    njstoll

Dear Sir:

I subscribed to “Liberty Classroom” a few weeks ago. So far I have been intrigued with your account of historical events of “Western Civilization to 1500”.

While I have learned some historical accounts, it appears your account is less than thorough, namely the historical account (or 476 year non account) of the “Parthian Empire”.

Author Steven Collins gives a very detailed account of Parthia and its significance in the shaping of “Judeo Christian History”.

Would you be so kind to explain why historians do not recognize the importance of Parthia in shaping Western Civilization?

It seems to me, without Parthia, A true account of “Caucasian / Semetic” people cannot be reconciled.

Respectfully,
    LSS

Jason Jewell
    Participant

Hi, LSS. By its very nature, a survey course cannot be thorough. Many interesting topics must be omitted or mentioned only briefly. The Parthian Empire existed for a few hundred years and ruled much of the territory formerly controlled by the Persian and Seleucid empires. It was in regular conflict with the Romans.

I’m not familiar with Collins’s book beyond what’s on its Amazon.com page, but it looks like it attempts to prove an ethnic connection between the Parthians and modern Caucasians. That may be of interest to anthropologists, but it does not necessarily mean that Parthia was important in shaping Western civilization. What’s at stake here?

njstoll

Dr. J:

Thank you for your response.

Steven Collin’s books are significant to the historical account of civilization in the west. The Parthians were Israelites that achieved independence from Persia after the Babylonian captivity. They were conquered by the Romans and the Persians acting in concert. The Parthians fled north through the Caucus Mountains. Their footprint memorialized by many names that remain even today. The Danube, Denmark, (tribe of Dan) Saxony, Saccae (Issacs sons) Briton (P-R-T or B-R-T, Ephrim) Iberian (Eber) The Sythians, Kermans (Germans, tribe of Gad) and many more clues that are right in front of our noses. The Parthians are mentioned several times in Scripture also.

I found Steven Collin’s books on the lost tribes (5 total) to be very well documented and grounded in factual evidence. As I see it, The timelines of the fall of Rome very closely coincide with a reorganization the these lost tribes, mainly in Germania. Of course Rome called them Barbarians, but I always wondered how a bunch of bruts with sticks and clubs could take out five Roman Legions.

While it is certainly true Greco Roman influence of the west is evident, the Parthians may have shaped Western Civilization more than we know, especially in the Chursh of the East.

Thank you again for responding.

All the best,

Larry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.