Obama and Wall St.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tylerboyd49

I was just on opensecrets and saw that Romney’s top 8 employers of contributors are large banks. I am curious about why the banks would desire Romney so much more eapecially since Obama has eatablished a record of being pro-Wall St and even Romney’s rhetoric, sincere or not, has shifted against the Fed and Wall St.

maester_miller
    Participant

Isn’t the same true for Obama? I was under the impression that the banks donate to both sides, so they own whoever ends up winning regardless of how the vote goes.

I think its obama’s anti wall street rhetoric. He’ll take their money and go along a bit but his ideology is antithetical to big business and wall street

samgheb
    Participant

For the reasons mentioned so far. Initially the banks were still close to Obama I think. Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase was considered a possibility for the treasury for some time but things turned a bit sour between them. I think Dodd-Frank wasn’t too popular either.

The one I find the most damning though is Jeffrey Immelt who was paraded by Obama initially and now Immelt is going for Romney which is a bit embarrassing for Obama.

Charlie Gasparino has written a book on the relationship between Obama and Wall Street and he goes into how Obama wowed Wall Street in 2007.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bought-Paid-Unholy-Alliance-Between/dp/1595230718/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351037834&sr=1-2&keywords=charlie+gasparino

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.