Mises Institute Films

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    martin

I think the Mises Institute should make more of those fantastic films like: ‘Liberty and Economics’ and ‘Money, Banking and the Federal Reserve’.

Lectures and books are great, but they don’t have the same effect as these kinds of films do in my opinion. There are also other great films similar to the ones the Mises Institute has produced such as the ones created by LibertyFund and ‘the Incredible Bread Machine Film.’

What does everyone else think?

Also, with these kinds of biography films, Mises has had one: “Liberty and Economics”. Hayek has had one: “The Intellectual Portrait Series – The Life & Thought of Friedrich Hayek”. I think it’s time that Rothbard had his own biography film as well.

rt

I agree with you, the documentary “Money, Banking and the Federal Reserve” contains so much information of books like “What has government done to our money” and “The Case against the Fed”. You get to know so much in a short period of time.

ronmicle

Some libertarian documentaries would be swell.

cboyack
    Keymaster

I hope they upload the recent Mises Circle event to the Mises.org audio archives soon

samgheb
    Participant

I agree with what you guys are saying. Increasingly the debate is being waged via video. The point of a documentary however is to give a general view and provide the full literature for those whose interest has been piqued. It is not one or the other but all. For me it is the Gary North Strategy of Intellectual Marketing. Start with short video’s which leads to a longer video(documentary) which leads to writings either articles or books.

I think they should do one on foreign policy and history to show the folly of interventionism.

kaleb

Hey hey shameless capitalist here! This idea is what I’m throwing all my time at. Tell them I can produce their animated shorts for 1/3rd the cost of my closest competitor… and my idealogical drive (and appreciation for Mises.org) might even allow them to exploit my labor even more!

http://www.inceptionhouse.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.