Just finished your lectures on Marxism.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pacopasa
    Participant

Professor ,
    I have been slowly working my way through your lectures. I had no formal education in political theory so this is all eye opening for me. Just finished your lectures on Marxism, most informative and the last one was inspirational. Very interested in the coming lectures on anarcho-capitalism, I suspect I might become one. Also 1/3 through studying Man, Economy and State.

gerard.casey
    Participant

Dear Pacopasa,

I am delighted to hear that you are finding the material on political thought satisfactory. You would be surprised to learn how few times writers or broadcasters get positive reactions to their work (or, indeed, any reaction) so positive feedback such as yours is very welcome.

I have written up the material in the lectures, added some new chapters, and included a lot more material in some other chapters, including the one on Marx. This will be published in the very near future under the title Liberty’s Progress? Also, if you’re interested in anarcho-capitalism, there are many good books available to take you further in your investigations, including my own modest effort, Libertarian Anarchy which you can get, post-free, from the Book Depository.

Some years ago, three students came to me and asked me if I would moderate a reading group they were going to set up on Austrian Economics. I agreed, and asked them what they wanted to read. To my astonishment (and delight!) they plumped for Man, Economy and State. We spent a happy year reading it together.

pacopasa
    Participant

Professor,

Thanks again, when I’m finished with Man, Economy and State, and your lectures, and the ones by Bob Murphy I will read more on the anarcho capitalism stuff.

gerard.casey
    Participant

Dear Pacopasa,

That’s quite a bit of reading you’ve got in front of you! But if your experience is anything like mine, it’s well worth the effort. Best of luck with your study.

Gerard Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.