Industrial Revolution

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KO_TKO

Because of the Industrial Revolution the world became alot wealthier.

What did cause the Industrial Revolution?

There is 12 000 years civilization on earth, why was there not sooner an Industrial Revolution?

rt

Dr Jewell covers the agricultural revolution (that preceded the industrial revolution) and both industrial revolutions in his “Western Civilization since…” course. You might want to watch them or post the question in the forum of “Western Civilization since…” to get more precise answers from Dr Jewell.

I’m just going to leave this here.

KO_TKO

Sons of Liberty,

I’m first going to finish ” Austrian Economics, Step by Step “, then I’m going to watch ” Western Civilization to 1500 ” and ” Western Civilization Since 1500 “

KO_TKO

Porphyrogenitus,

Thanks for the video.

samgheb
    Participant

Anybody wondering should watch the video that the always helpful Porphyrogenitus posted. It is a recent presentation by Gary North that adresses exactly this issue. He is guided by Deirdre McCloskey is the authority on this topic. She has demolished all prominent theories so far in her book Bourgeois Dignity which can be partly read on Google Books

Hans Hermann Hoppe essentially agrees with IQ hypothesis and has built on it in his new book The Great Fiction. The book can be found on google books and I believe the chapter can be read there online.

McCloskey has answered the IQ argument as made by George Clark. Here that part is:
    http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/21326/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.