Healthcare

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kristianmorey333
    Participant

Dr. Murphy, I had two quick questions related to healthcare, I figured I would ask it here since you are the resident professor with a book on the subject.
    1. I know the Liberty Classroom renewal email I received mentioned something about the team expanding the courses, will healthcare economics be one of them?
    2. There is a lot of fantastic information in your book on healthcare and I do love the timeline format, however I was wondering if you know of a good compilation of the weights of the various government interventions; as well as perhaps an analysis that estimates what percent of GDP healthcare would comprise in the absence of all these government regulations? I understand it is somewhat apocryphal of me to ask for econometric material on an Austrian site, but I’m really curious. Thank you in advance for your time!

bob.murphy.ancap
    Participant

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the note. I haven’t talked to Tom about doing another course anytime soon, but I agree something on healthcare economics would be good if we were to consider it.

Hmm that’s a good question but sorry, I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. You might try googling John Goodman and his work on US healthcare economics.

kristianmorey333
    Participant

Thank you for your response, I have dabbled a little on his site, and I do own one of his books, he cites a lot of news articles so I’m sure if something like it exists, its buried in a haystack of news citations! Side note: I think it would be great if you got him on your show.

bob.murphy.ancap
    Participant

That’s a great idea, I’ll look into it! We have a mutual friend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.