Colonial resistance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shawn.warren1
    Participant

PhD, Gutzman,

I was wondering if you could recommend a book or books for the resistance during the colonial area, specifically 1760 through the revolution. Also possibly a book on Christopher Gadsden. I do have Murray Rothbards Conceived in Liberty, which is great. Thanks for your help.

Shawn

gutzmank
    Participant

“PhD Gutzman?” I’ve never heard that one before.

The best book on the Stamp Act Crisis is the Morgans’. The best book of primary sources is Jack Greene’s. The best book on the Imperial Crisis generally is Greene’s Peripheries and Center. There are books on basically every sub-topic in that general area, including my own Virginia’s American Revolution, which is about the revolutionaries’ remaking of Virginia society. Care to be more specific?

shawn.warren1
    Participant

Shalom Professor Gutzman,

Glad I could bring something unexpected to you. That was an accident and I am not sure how or why it ended up like that. I am looking for something about the stamp act resistance, resistance against the townshend acts, and the tea act. Also any good book on christopher gadsen as well. Thank you.

Shawn

gutzmank
    Participant

For the Stamp Act, again, see the Morgans’ The Stamp Act Crisis. For the Tea Act, see Benjamin Carp’s book on the Boston Tea Party. I fear that I don’t know good books specifically on those other two topics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.