…and what about AAron Burr?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jpasby

Seems to me he’s the most interesting of the original people of america . Yet only a few books about him. Kind of strange considering he killed Alexander Hamilton and made Jefferson so angery that he was questionably tried for treason.Why all the mystery? Am i missing something?

There are dozens of books on Burr, from the academic (Milton Lomask wrote a 2 vol biography that is decent) to the popular (Gore Vidal). Gore Vidal’s is the most famous. He is a very interesting figure to say the least but not one that has been forgotten. Simon and Schuster published a bio in 2011 and there are two newer monographs involving Burr in the last 2 years.

jpasby

Hey Brion, well I guess I was wondering which is the best from a Libertarian point of view. I have seen Gore Vidal’s version, just want to read something a little less fantastical. Thanks

I don’t think you will find anything from a libertarian perspective. There are several scholarly histories available, but nothing that meets that standard.

gutzmank
    Participant

I reviewed Isenberg’s Burr biography in MODERN AGE a few years back. That tome is definitely not the place to start.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.